One of the features that Samsung Galaxy S5 that can help you to boost productivity and simplify things is "My Magazine", which lets you access and organize content more efficiently. My Magazine is similar to HTC's BlinkFeed and it is basically your very own magazine on Samsung Galaxy S5. With My Magazine, you can select content based on your interests and manage it easily. You can organize updates like news stories, social media posts, images and more. Since the Samsung Galaxy S5 offers a large 5.1″ screen that allows you to enjoy content even more, it is worth using My Magazine to get an experience that truly suits your preferences. In this guide, we will learn how to enable My Magazine and how to get the most out of it. We'll also tell you how to disable it, in case you decide that it is not really for you.

Enable My Magazine on your Samsung Galaxy S5 phone

  1. The first step is to go to the Home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S5 by pressing the Home button.
  2. From the Home Screen, you can access My Magazine by swiping to the right. You will see a welcome page that offers a brief description of the My Magazine application and all the information that you need to keep in mind to make sure that it works and to use it correctly.
  3. Once you have read all the information presented, tap on the Next button to continue. You will be directed to the Terms of Use page. You will need ti mark the "Agree" checkbox for Terms and conditions, as well as Privacy policy in order to proceed.
  4. After agreeing to the terms and the privacy policy, you can tap on the Start button to activate My Magazine.
  5. Once you have enabled My Magazine, you can swipe to the right to use its features

Keep in mind that in order to be able to use My Magazine, an internet connection is required. You would need to be connected to a WiFi network or use your mobile data. Now, let's find out what My Magazine offers.

How to use My Magazine on your Samsung Galaxy S5

  1. Start by pressing the Home button once to access the Home Screen
  2. Swipe to the right to open My Magazine
  3. Now you will be directed to the main page of My Magazine. There you can see News feeds and Social feeds, and you will be able to select the options that you prefer from them.
  4. You can set your feeds to auto refresh when the My Magazine feature is opened. To do this, you can simply tap on the Settings icon, located in the upper right side of the main screen of My Magazine. Then, tap the checkbox for "Auto refresh on opening".
  5. An alert will appear to let you know that in order to update information on My Magazine, an internet connection is needed. Select "OK" to proceed.
  6. Now you need to select your preferred news feeds. These can be selected from the list of available news topics. Make sure that you also select your preferred social feeds from the list of social network news available.
  7. You can navigate through your magazine, scrolling down up or down. To go back to the top of the feeds, simply tap the title of the page.

It is possible to reorder tiles on My Magazine by touching and holding the selected tile and then dragging it to the location where you want to place it and then releasing it.

In order to refresh feeds on My Magazine, go to the top part of your feed, then swipe down and release to refresh My Magazine. And that is it. You can return to the main screen of your Samsung Galaxy S5 by pressing the Home button.

While My Magazine can be a very convenient solution for many people, some may prefer not to use it. It is also possible to disable My Magazine and to do so, you just need to follow the steps below.

How to disable My Magazine on your Samsung Galaxy S5

  1. Go to Settings
  2. On any home screen page, press the task-switching button for a while, or simply press on any blank.
  3. Click the Home Screen settings button and from the Home Screen Settings menu, unmark "My Magazine".
  4. Press the Home key to go back to the TouchWiz home screen launcher. My Magazine will be gone

How to remove My Magazine from your Samsung Galaxy S5 completely

  1. Open the Settings app on your Galaxy S5
  2. Scroll until you see Applications section and tap on Application Manager
  3. Swipe to the All section and then scroll down to the M section and select My Magazine
  4. Select Turn Off and then tap OK to confirm the action. Once you do this, it won't be possible to access My Magazine from the Home screen of your Galaxy S5

Don't worry, if you change your mind or if you deleted My Magazine by mistake, there is a way to get it back

How to recover My Magazine

  1. Go to your Home Screen and select Apps
  2. Go to Settings and then to Applications
  3. Open the Application Manager and select All Tab option
  4. Tap on My Magazine and then select Turn On. This way, you will have My Magazine back on your Samsung Galaxy S5